Friday, March 27, 2009

Scared Outta My Mind



Tonight Roxie got a treat that she normally doesnt get. I keep her on a strict diet of only her dog food (Pinnacle). Why did she get a treat? Because the two of us were very upset and I was trying to help us both calm down.

Tonight I was sitting on the couch and heard this horrible noise. I went outside to see what it was and my brother starts screaming at me (from his yard) to go back into my house. I realize at that point that it was the dogs in a horrible fight (that I cant see). I ran back to get the hose (which had been moved) and in the mean time Brandon was able to get the dogs to separate and Roxie came running to me. I just sat on the ground with my arms around her neck holding on.

Then I realize Brandon is screaming at me again (I was so out of it I didnt even notice at first). He was yelling at me to get my dog. I told him I had her then picked her up (barely) and carried her into the house and checked her over. I couldnt find anything wrong with her other than her neck being all wet. Brandon then called me on the phone and told me that his dog had her pinned down by the throat!

This dog has been a problem from the beginning-and I never wanted him in the first place but everyone else kept saying he was a good dog. I told Brandon that was the end of the line that if he didnt get rid of the dog that was his deal but from now on the dogs cant be around each other at all.

Beyond the fact that he tried to kill my dog I cannot and will not have that kind of risk around Kayla. I dont care if he sends the dog away to the training camp he planned on or not Im done putting up with it.

I was so freaked out that I couldnt stop shaking and thought I was going to throw up. Roxie was really upset too, wanting in and out of the house and walking around whining. It was horrifying and something I wont go through again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, how scary! I hope she is okay and not suffering from any injuries. I am not a fan of aggressive dogs, and to beat up on an innocent puppy is a sure sign of worse behavior to come. I am with you 100%, your brother needs to keep his dog contained or on a leash, especially after this incident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Roxie ... be sure to watch her for a few days. Boy I'd be angry, scared and very angry! It's scary just hearing about it. I was attacked by a dog when I was 7 and have a 5 inch scar on my leg still. I love dogs but I'd never own one.

    ReplyDelete